Friday 7 March 2014

Where to Begin?

First off, (c)hello and welcome to my blog!

My name is Naomi and one of my main interests is music. I have played piano since my childhood days in Music For Young Children and have progressed to enjoy playing three full movements of Haydn (something I thought I would never do). I've also enjoyed learning trombone in my school band and singing in the choir.

This year, my Bible class has been assigned a Passion Project- doing something you're passionate about which you've always wanted to, but haven't had the time to do. When challenged with the question, "What are you passionate about?" my mind jumped to music. I chose to learn the cello because listening to a lady play cello in church has brought me great joy and I have a general desire to play every instrument I see! Psalm 95:1 has been a favourite of mine, so I decided to make it the central theme of my project. throughout this semester, I will be learning to play the cello with the help of online resources (tutorials and websites), as well as a mentor. I will need to learn bowing technique, the notes of each string, and finger positions before I can play, and maybe even record, a whole song. I'm looking forward to the challenge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment