Thursday 13 March 2014

Tuning Up

The first challenge of this project was finding an instrument that I could learn on. My lovely aunt agreed to lend me her cello, but she didn't have a bow to go with it. Thankfully, a cellist from my church had an extra bow and was glad to let me use it. I got the bow a few weeks ago and was very excited to pick up the cello on Sunday.

I needed to do some research before I played the instrument even though I was raring to go!
Here are some of the things I learned from the First Year Technique tutorial videos:
- fine tuners work like screws (righty-tighty, lefty-loosy) and are used for minor tuning adjustments.
- pegs work the same way but are used for major adjustments.
- tighten the strings to make the pitch higher and loosen to make it lower
- open position plays C, G, D, and A
- the bow hairs need to be loosened in storage and tightened before playing



)

No comments:

Post a Comment