Friday 23 May 2014

Busy as a Bee

Life is so busy! 

This week will be especially busy as I attempt to keep up with my job, schoolwork, student council planning, fundraising for 30 Hour Famine, playing semi-final and final soccer games, performing at my piano recital, applying for scholarships, travel plans for next year, and on top of it all- practicing cello! I have decided that I will practice cello for at least 15 minutes every day so that it doesn't slip through the cracks.

So, as I enter this action packed week, I need to remember that God is the one who sustains me. It turns out that music is very therapeutic when I find myself feeling overwhelmed and stressed about the things I need to accomplish. David is the perfect role model for me to follow. He was a wonderful musician and composer now that I think about it. I wish every Psalm that says, "For the director of music: A song of David." there would be a stack of sheet music in the Bible so I could hear the melody too! He honestly made music to God for every up and down in his life and expressed every emotion he felt... ever! I love it!

Here's some wise words of David to guide me this week:

2 Samuel 22:1
David sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul.

 
Psalm 108:1
My heart, O God, is steadfast; I will sing and make music with all my soul.
 

Psalm 18:28-34
Oh Lord, you give me light;
you dispel my darkness.
You give me strength to attack my enemies
and power to overcome their defense.
 
This God- how perfect are his deeds!
How dependable his words!
for all who seek his protection.
The Lord alone is God;
God alone is our defense.
 
He is the God who makes me strong,
who makes my pathway safe.
 
He makes me sure-footed as a deer;
he keeps me safe on the mountains.
He trains me for battle,
so that I can use the strongest bow.  (cello bows included) :P

No comments:

Post a Comment