Wednesday 11 June 2014

Fine (fee’-nay)

Today I did my final passion project presentation! I was pretty nervous to play cello for the class because I had only performed for my family up to this point. I tried my best to turn off my "perfectionist switch" before the presentation so I could focus on the progress I've made, rather than the things I still need to work on. It went very well (despite my shaky hands and rosy cheeks) and I was happy to share my passion for music with the class.

As I reflect on my project, I'm proud to say that I accomplished my main goal to make a joyful noise to the Lord. Using my musical creativity connects seamlessly to my faith by being beauty-creating. Some notes may have been more beautiful than others, but the instrument design and tones it can create really illustrates the beauty of music.
 
Learning new concepts like tones between finger positions allowed me to be order-discovering through my project. I was looking for order in the world by striving to find order in the way cello music is written and played. I also learned about the order of the brain and how attuning ourselves to the sounds of God's creation can actually restore order where it has been lost.

Through using my gifts in a God-honoring way, I have also learned to be God-worshipping and image-reflecting. I find these two through-lines to be very connected because I am reflecting God's image by using the talents he has given me to worship him. 1 Corinthians 12:4-6 says it all when Paul writes, "There are a variety of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone."

My passion project has been a very enjoyable experience. The Bible course gave me the perfect motivation to find a cello to sit down and play. Even though the cello may not be the most useful instrument in the future- it sure gave me joy! I'm talking tingles down the spine, happy to be alive and praising God kind of joy! Thanks for following my blog. I hope you've learned a little something along the way as well. :)
 
  Hopefully I will be able to enjoy the cello through the summer, but it will eventually
need to be returned to it's owner. So, for now, this is the end. Fine.
I
Cello Sketch, some rights reserved
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

No comments:

Post a Comment